Students usually live on a shoestring budget and should look for offers that will not burn a hole in their pockets. Hopefully, a lot of entrepreneurs understand that and have temporary or permanent discounts on food, clothes, cosmetics, electronics etc. We have prepared a list of some best places to seek discounts if you have to cut on your expenses.
Special Offers on Clothes
If you open the door of your wardrobe with the thought that you have nothing to wear, you will be pleased to know that there are plenty of stores that offer good prices for students. Some of them are:
- Allen Edmonds knocks 25% off the price if you have valid ID card;
- American Eagle gives 20% discount on purchases made online if you validate your student ID card;
- ASOS makes a discount of 10% those who register at the website with student email address;
- Reebok has a 20% discount for a student that verify their status with UniDAYS;
- Sperry offers free shipping, $10 e-card, and free returns
Where to Buy Furniture
If your furniture is broken or you want to make a little renovation, you can visit Leesa, PBteen or West Elm to receive a 15% discount on all purchases. Just confirm that you are a student with an ID card if you do in-store shopping or provide your .edu email address for online purchases.
Make Travelling Cheaper
You can ask for various discounts on vehicles and tickets at CheapOair.com, NJ Transit, Penske, American Airlines, Uber, and other services.
Cheaper logging can be found at such places as:
- Caesar’s Palace that offers 10% off the lowest prices;
- Generator Hostels, the website that provides discounts on certain hostels if you have a valid ID card;
- Choice Hotels International that gives 15% discounts for booking rooms at hotels that participate in the program.
Get Insurance for Lower Price
If you want to have a discount on insurance, you have to be a student with good grades. Most companies offer lower prices to those who can boast an average ‘B’ or higher. The list of such places includes Traveler’s, State Farm, Nationwide, Geico, Esurance, and Allstate.
Good Deals for Devices
If you want to save up on the Internet and calls, we recommend you to look for discounts on wireless plans at AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon.
Students can also receive big discounts on software at Abbyy, Adobe, Cyberlink, Microsoft Store, Sony Create Software, and some other.
Those who need to buy new smartphones, tablets, laptops or other electronics, can visit Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo, and Panasonic.
Where to Eat Out
10% off the prices is provided at Arby’s, Buffalo Wild Wing, Burger King, Dunkin Donuts, and Subway to those who show valid student ID card.
Discounts are also available at such popular food chains as Dairy Queen, Domino’s, Pizza Hut, McDonald’s, Qdoba, and Waffle House.
Entertainment with Discounts
You can enjoy thrilling plays at AMC Theaters for a lower price if you show your student’s ID. Discounts are available only on certain days.
Get a 12-week subscription on The Economist and Bloomberg Businessweek for just $12. Check websites of other newspapers and journals to find out about their discounts for students.
Special prices are also available for baseball events, museum and concert tickets.