5 paragraph essay: writing tips
The writing assignments are the most important part of student’s life. In order to complete this task, you need to make a research, choose a good topic, prepare few strong theses and support them with arguments. There are few types of an essay (more information here), but a five paragraph essay is definitely worth your attention.
Mostly, your essay should contain at least 500 to 800 words with the following basic outline: an introduction, three body paragraphs, and a conclusion. Let's dig deeper.
How to start your essay writing process? You need to make a good introduction, where you will be able to present your topic and attract reader’s attention. There is a good way to create a proper introduction:
- Present and describe your main idea in one logical sentence. Here, you may use questions.
- Your main idea must be developed by a thesis statement, where thesis is an answer to the questions.
- Make a list of the main arguments to support them in your paper.
Here we go! The first part is complete. Now, you can go on.
three body paragraphs are the main part of your future essay. By writing these paragraphs, you provide a reader with details. Here, you can mention famous quotes, include supportive facts and give examples. Take the main points from your introduction and develop each in one body paragraph.
- First step. Create a sentence to summarize your main point.
- Provide the arguments to support your topic sentence.
- Now it is a time for details: include supportive facts, quotes or examples.
That is the way you complete the core of your essay. The introduction of your essay will create an outline for body paragraphs.
Now, you have reached the final part of 5 paragraph essay. This may be difficult for anyone to finish the paper work. However, by writing a conclusion you restate the main thesis and make the connection between all body paragraphs. Make sure you did not add any new information in the conclusion since it makes no sense to the whole paper.
If you get a writing assignment, don’t panic and just use the main steps of this small guide and complete your essay.