6 foods that will give you energy
We are used to eating a sweet candy bar or having a cup of coffee every time we feel down and deadline is looming on the horizon, but that is not the way to go. Needless to say, candies and cakes do make our energy levels high, but you will experience a rapid downfall moments later. You can, of course, opt for a snack like this if you don’t have enough time, but generally, it should not become your common practice, especially if you lead a healthy lifestyle and try to maintain a balanced diet throughout the semester. To avoid this, choose these foods instead:
- Almonds. Almonds are truly one of the healthiest nuts that you can consume, as they are filled with Vitamin E and magnesium. You can mix them with peanuts or add protein to create a balanced diet. Either way, almonds are highly nutritious and act as a source of minerals, so if you want to engage in a fitness plan that involves a lot of exercise, this snack will be a healthy addition.
- Dark chocolate. Contrary to popular opinion, chocolate can be helpful if consumed in moderation. What we mean is you shouldn’t limit your choices to milk chocolate bars alone, but pay more attention to the bitter taste of the product. It is rich in caffeine, which means you will get the same effect from a cup of latte. Besides, dark chocolate provides you with a steady energy level, so you won’t feel tired or exhausted by the end of your working day.
- Salmon. It is probably hard to believe, but omega-3 acids help to fight bacteria, and the only way you can get your daily supply is by eating salmon. If you are not a fan of fish, you can make salmon sandwiches and top them with spices, butter and garlic powder. This unusual mixture ensures you stay healthy and strong and can struggle against the depression. So, put your coffee cup away and opt for a better mix!
- Spicy herbs. Spicy herbs like pepper will rev up your mood and elevate your spirits. Of course, the taste does not appeal to everyone equally, but if you consume herbs moderately, they can have a positive effect on your overall well-being. Besides, scientists have discovered that spices expand your cognitive abilities and improve memory. We can therefore ensure you are going to pass your test and receive a better grade.
- Greek yogurt. Unlike the traditional yogurt, this one has more protein and can help people feel full for a longer period of time. This means you won’t have to opt for the additional snacks and choose Greek yogurt as an alternative for vanilla pudding or chocolate cream.
Though it doesn’t taste like a regular dessert, it can be referred to as one of the most nutritious foods, according to the scientific reports that have been circulating around lately. Another report suggests students have to substitute their regular snacks with dairy products, which have become less popular due to the variety of other items on the market.
- Popcorn. As ridiculous as it may seem, popcorn really does the deed when it comes to nutritious eating and healthy lifestyle. Though it is filled with carbohydrates, and is usually smothered in butter (students love energy-boosting snacks), you can choose a topping that will contain healthy elements and vitamins. Popcorn without a seasoning is low in calories and has less carbs, so you can easily pick this kind of snack if you want to combine scrumptious lunch with reasonable eating plan and fitness routine.