What Is an Expository Essay? What is it?
Modern students pretty often face a task of this type, but not all of them clearly understand what it is and how to create it properly. That’s why sometimes they looking for a help of an affordable essay writer. Expository essay is a well-organized and structured piece of writing in which the author is aimed to explain some ideas or a specific topic by means of facts. In most situations execution of the above task is used on the exams or as a part of the test, for instance SAT, but it may be assigned in other cases too.
What Distinguishes This Essay From Other Ones?
Similar to other essays, the expository one deals with data and its analysis, but there are a few important things that differ it from the rest of papers. Firstly, such essay may have no apparent central argument, even if it presents some points of view on the topic. Secondly, the level of employed research and arguments isn’t extremely deep in comparison with a research paper. Exposition involves focusing on the defined problem and doesn’t provide complicated research, as it’s not necessary. While sitting the exam or taking the standardized test you can rely only on yourself, that’s why your examples will be based on your knowledge. The most wide-spread expository essay examples cover such points as description how to do something, analysis of ideas, events or objects, description of a process and explanation of historical events.
What Are the Basic Elements?
Here’s a short essay outline template to help you out. Requirements to that type of essay have a lot in common with other papers. In particular, we can talk about the next similarities:
- You have to clearly declare a thesis or a main idea in order to see in what direction you should move.
- The paper should start with the introduction that contains the thesis.
- The body of the paper should demonstrate chosen evidences that support your informative and analytic components.
- The connection of ideas should be smooth, for that you need to move from one paragraph to another inch by inch.
- In the conclusion you are expected to highlight the central idea of the paper.
What Is the Way of Writing?
In this case, the best option is to use the 5 paragraph method, because it is suitable for both novice and experienced writers. The method allows you to clearly understand and see the structure of the essay. According to it, essay parts and paragraphs are distributed as follows:
- One introductory paragraph that also includes your thesis.
- Three body paragraphs, in which you conduct analysis and provide evidence to support the thesis statement.
- One concluding paragraph to summarize everything that has been said earlier in the body.
This simple formula was tested by many generations; of course, some modifications may take place depending on the word limit and complexity of the assignment. The length of essays will increase due to bigger number of body paragraphs, but the essay scheme remains the same.
Step by Step Writing Guide
- Read the assignment and make sure you understand every point. After that work on the topic, it shouldn’t be too wide or short.
- Look at the topic from different angles and decide what perspective you will support. Create the outline and the powerful thesis statement.
- Think of the examples from your learning and personal experience and adopt the best ones which may be used later as evidences to support your principal points.
- Start every body paragraph with a topic sentence and then present your illustrations. It is recommended to devote one example to every paragraph of the body. In that way you will see how topic sentences logically connect different paragraphs and evidence.
- The final thing is a conclusion; here you sum up the most decisive points (but not everything said on the topic) and make predictions for future. Try to be creative and look for unusual and alluring ways.
- Before handing the essay you should revise it. Not to forget anything we recommend you to use revision checklists for essay.
Also, don’t forget to proofread your work or simply do it with a grammar checker. This would greatly improve your results.