If you are a student, you will surely face the task of writing a 5-paragraph essay. In general, this kind of writing assignment is the most common one given to students of all academic levels, starting from the middle school up to college.
The most significant reason for such popularity of this writing type is that it provides with a complete freedom of choice between topic. In other words, topics are chosen by writers, they are not specified by instructors.
As any type of academics, a 5-paragraph essay has its own specifications and requirements. For you to become a confident writer, we have prepared some helpful tips and techniques for successful writing. So, here we go!
5 Paragraph Essay Outline Template
In most cases, students are asked to complete a 5-paragraph essay defending one side of an argument; in other case, they have to develop their own idea and dwell on the original question. More seldom students get a task to tell a story or to use their imagination while writing.
As it was already mentioned, the outline falls into five main sections with 3-5 subpoints each. Don’t forget that each subpoint needs to have its own objective. Check an essay outline template below to make sure you are doing everything well.
- Introduction – statement that grabs readers` attention, background information concerning the topic, strong thesis statement.
- Body Paragraph 1 – topic sentence, claim, evidence, concluding sentence.
- Body Paragraph 2 – topic sentence 2, claim 2, evidence 2, concluding sentence 2.
- Body Paragraph 3 – topic sentence 3, claim 3, evidence 3, concluding sentence 3.
- Conclusion – thesis restatement, summarizing of main ideas, conclusion.
Dealing with the Outline Writing
If you want to start your essay correctly and get a fabulous result, in the end, you should hook readers` attention from the very first sentence. You can use here an interesting fact, some kind of humorous idea, rhetorical question or whatever. Just keep in mind that the most important thing is to make your readers interested. Having created something curious, provide them with the background information concerning the topic you have chosen. The main goal here is to make your topic clear and understandable for readers. After this, you have to present your thesis statement. It should be a strong but not too long sentence which expresses the central point of your paper.
After you have finished with the introduction, you have to create a topic sentence for the first body paragraph that transits to the new thought. By using such expressions like “first of all”, “to start with”, “moreover”, you will make your essay sound smooth. This aspect is important as well. The topic sentence has to defend your thesis statement and reveal the main point of your paper. Then, you have to create a claim. In other words, it is your supporting idea in relation to the thesis statement.
After claiming, the task is to provide with some sort of evidence. Here you can use some facts, statistics, surveys… All in all, something to prove what has been said. It takes only 1-3 sentences, so be brief. To finish your body paragraph, present a concluding statement in the end.
While writing, it is very important to follow this body paragraphs structure. However, keep in mind that you should present a new thought and unique claim with evidence in each part of your paper.
In order to finish your 5-paragraph essay in a proper way, you have to be aware of 3 main objectives. The first task is to restate a thesis statement. You need to start this paragraph by using such phrases as “in conclusion”, “in the end”, “to sum up”. After this, a writer should summarize everything and show the importance of each point of view. This conclusion also needs to provide readers with a call to action and motivate them for further investigation.
Need Some Professional Support?
Sometimes, even with all tools and useful tips, students may find it difficult to deal with different writing assignments. Our experts are able to guide each student and provide them with writing papers services. Thanks to the high professionalism of our experts, we can deal with all kinds of academic assignments: we can write a persuasive essay, an argumentative essay, a review and dissertation. All papers will be of the highest quality.
If you want to get rid of your academic responsibilities, all you have to do is to contact us as soon as possible. We will help you to make the grade!
“Without a good introduction, your paper will fall flat!”
The introduction is an integral part of any essay that always comes in the beginning. The main function of your Intro is to make a great first impression on your readers and introduce the main arguments and points, which you develop in your writing. Your task here is to evoke interest and motivate the potential audience to keep reading your paper.
The introduction can be intricate because it is the first portion of the essay that the readers encounter and it should be definitely well-written. This paragraph gives a wide overview of your theme and thesis and convinces the audience that is worth their attention. These useful tips below will help you to complete your intro successfully, and we assure that your professor will be pleasantly impressed.
How to structure Intro
As a rule, the introduction divided into 3 parts:
Part 1. Hook Sentence or Attention Grabber
Firstly, you should provide here the hook sentence in order to catch reader’s attention; it may be a proper quote, one stunning fact or an anecdote.
Then present the whole overview of your paper topic and some basic information about it. It would be good if you begin with an extended explanation and direct the readers to something specific.
Part 2. Bridge or Connection
In this part, you have to be concise and accurate, and describe clearly, what you’re going to talk about. It’s fine to give your main claims and points in the order in which you want to discuss them. Make sure that your audience has a full explanation of the important characters and moments. Ask yourself the questions “Why?” “Where?” “What?” “How?” “When?” and answer them in three sentences.
Part 3. The thesis or purpose statement
Your thesis or main argument usually appear at the end of the intro (the last sentence of your first paragraph). Don’t miss this essential point because the rest of the essay will rotate around this statements. Remember, this should be short (only one sentence), very specific and focused.
Which length should be?
There are no requirements for the length of the intro; it depends on the number of pages you have to write. If you are assigned to complete five-paragraph essay, then the relevant length is one little paragraph, but if you’re going to write 25-pages paper, the introduction will probably take more than one paragraphs.
Let’s sum up:
- The attention grabber at the beginning of the introduction is used to interest readers and convince them that your work is worth reading.
- Look for some background information or basic facts about the topic.
- Provide the main points and claims in the right order.
- Write all needed information about the characters and time frames.
- Complete your intro with the thesis statement, where you should represent the prominent idea of the paper.
Some Guidelines How to Write a Winning Intro
- Do not exaggerate with background information.
- Show your strong understanding of the topic.
- Write the intro in one paragraph, unless you’re not going to perform 25-page paper.
- Be accurate and concise: it will be nice if your introduction will include approximately 160 words ( 8-10 percent of the total number of words).
- Provide only useful, relevant facts.
- Try to eschew clichés.
- Make your intro part curious, fresh and engaging.
- Don’t forget to visit affordable-papers.net and rely on really professional essay writers!
Following all these recommendations, you will be able to write the successful intro in a matter of minutes. Remember, it the part where you demonstrate an overview of the theme and an explanation of the thesis. Try to be brief and avoid irrelevant information to support your point of view. Take a pen and start writing! Good luck!
If you’re feeling that something go wrong, you may always get help from our custom writing service. Our team is always ready to come up with the best title an essay and they all know how to write a coursework or other academic papers.
Only victors write the history. Although every story, situation, topic or a single event can be viewed from different aspects, depending on the chosen approach. It is hard to just ruin some ideology or change the generally accepted way of thinking.
However, you can do it by presenting an argument supported by evidence, facts, or logic to make your idea seem reasonable. The explanatory essay will help you to do that.
How do we define the explanatory essay
This kind of essay is all about presenting some idea on certain event, phenomena, or situation. It is not necessary for the writer to agree with the thing they write about, but it must include logical statements and research data to make it plausible.
The writer usually chooses to set a topic, then approaches the notion from a specific angle. The angle should be complicated to give the space for a discussion. Now, the writer should present their point of view in the way that explains why a specific result was reached.
Don’t make a mistake of defending one side of the story and criticizing the other side. The explanatory essay must reveal a neutral point of view based on logical self-created theory and thorough analysis of the issue.
The overall goal is to give the clear explanation how and why something has happened. The reader should get the main idea of the essay, even if they have opposite opinion on it.
Do the research
If you are a confident paper writer you probably know that before writing any type of essay you have to make some pre-writing steps. Thorough research and data collection are the fundamental things you should take care of before starting your explanatory essay. Remember that your essay, besides your personal ideas, should include some external information. Try to research your topic completely, find a few sources that have the same approach to the issue and defend your position.
At this point, your main task is to write a strong thesis statement. This is a very important step, as your thesis statement should present the general idea about your point of view. Make sure you explained clearly what your essay is about. Don’t forget that you don’t criticize or argue, you just state the facts with a little bit of personal explanation.
Outline for Explanatory Essay
After you performed two tasks it is time to take care of an outline for your explanatory essay. The outline is based on the data you are trying to describe and on the length of the essay topic.
Usually, the explanatory essays are page or two in length, it means that the essay includes around five paragraphs. Let’s explore every paragraph in more details, so you can be sure about every part of it.
Introduction of the explanatory essay
This part includes three main components and is as a gateway to the following content of the paper. First of all, interest the reader by writing a hook statement. Typically writers use an interesting quote, or relevant fact, or something that will grab reader’s attention.
Then write some general information you’ve found during research, but that doesn’t have to seem like a common knowledge. This will create a picture of the essay. Finish the introductory part with the thesis statement that will give more clearness about the essay’s content.
As a rule, there are three paragraphs of your body part. Sometimes it can include more if the writer tries to reveal topic in-depth. For some students, three paragraphs sound scary as well. Don’t worry the general style of every paragraph is identical, just come up with different approaches.
Give the general information that you’ve found during your research, but the not one that seems like a common knowledge. Add the thesis statement to keep the focus on the topic.
While representing different thoughts through the paragraphs, don’t forget about the smooth transition. The reader shouldn’t feel lost in the text. Make sure the paragraphs have the connecting sentences that help the readers to perceive the text as a whole. At the end of the third paragraph write a concluding sentence that shows the significance of your ideas and thoughts.
Arriving at the concluding
Breathe in, breath out. By now you’ve done pretty much of writing. However, don’t leave this part without making the efforts. The conclusion is an important part of your essay as it gives the final impression about the whole essay.
Restate the thesis statement and summarize the points you’ve presented in the body paragraphs. This will help to show the reader that your text has the general strong idea and logical order. Explain the points from the global perspective. And make sure you left your reader with something to think about after reading your explanatory essay. Once you’ve done it, there are few things you have to do as well.
Make it perfect
When your essay is ready, the first thing you should do is to reread it. Of course, you’ll find some mistakes, correct them immediately and then reread again. Use grammar checker to be completely sure about your essay quality.
The next step is to give your essay to some strong, experienced writer. We don’t recommend you to ask for feedback parents or friends. Give it to someone independent person, indifferent, who can give a reasonable response and tell you what needs to be changed.
Now, you’re ready to write the explanatory essay, plus if you know How to Write an Impressive GRE Essay, there won’t be any obstacles for you!
Nursing is considered to be as one of the least academic paper in which you should demonstrate your deep knowledge on a given topic and prove that you are able to use this knowledge in practice by providing concrete examples. Before you start working on this assignment, it is vital to ensure that you understand how to do it in a proper way. The entire writing process of nursing essay requires a lot of efforts and a strong ability to provide the clear and accurate information. The following tips will help you achieve the best quality and give the most satisfactory results!
Finding Essay Nursing Topics
Spend a little time looking for a topic because you have to understand what you’re being asked in order to answer correctly. Come up with some questions you could potentially response. Choose the subject that you believe would have the most curious insight on. Be able to say why you’ve selected this specific essay. Your main task here is to take an individual approach to introduce how your skills and knowledge can be put into practice. If all your data is gathered together, create an outline where you’re going to arrange the most important ideas you want to cover. This outline will help you stay focused on the topic! Here you should briefly describe the viewpoints you want to work on. Make a good foundation for the papers!
The intro should include clearly defined questions and the plan of how you are going to answer them. This paragraph gives your audience a full understanding of what they’re going to examine. You may use some helpful resources such as online glossary or thesaurus to take words that will best relate to your topic. This part should be impeccable to make your readers continue exploring your paper.
This part develops and explains the topic, using examples and ideas. The supporting sentence will incorporate your research and cite your main sources. Be careful here with background information, there is no need to write everything you know, sometimes it can be irrelevant and unnecessary. Try to eschew ungrounded ideas, as they will be regarded as the misstep of your paper. Provide some evidence for each claim that you present as it is going to be the marking of your faithfulness. Padding out your body with needless and excessive information will not earn you the high grades.
Keep in mind, the conclusion is not a word-for-word restatement of your entire thesis but rather a brief summary of the main points that you have made in the body of your essay. It is beneficial to avoid here new claims, arguments, evidence and background information. Highlight the importance of your approach.
Review your draft
It is vital to check your paper for all possible mistakes. You may share your draft version with the parents or friend who have more experience in writing and may give you quality feedback. Read your paper once more to identify spelling, styling and grammar errors. The good proofreading is critical in ensuring you work is perfect.
If you are going to paste a quote in your essay, it is important to mention whose these words are. Your reader may think that you are intending to take credit form someone else’s work. To avoid any troubles you can simply refer to the work of an author in your reference section. You should cite all sources you’ve used to make the argument. If you’re quoting or citing, don’t forget to put quotation marks around excerpt, with the author’s name, the publication data and the page numbers in the brackets.
Need a professional writing help?
Affordable-papers.net is a custom writing service where you can buy essay at affordable prices. Our writers are willing to write the perfect personal essay as well as nursing paper for you. If you are a busy nursing student and no time for academic assignment, you may just order one from our company.
The academic essay is not only representation of your ideas, but also some thoughts that are necessary for understanding the question. When we talk about the academic essay we know that there are certain rules that have to be followed. In this article, you will learn everything you should know to become a confident writer of the academic essays.
Types of the Academic Essays
Every type of academic essay has its own unique purpose. But, what they have in common is the similar structure. There are four types of academic essays, namely, narrative, persuasive, descriptive and expository.
When it comes to the persuasive and expository essays, we can notice that they are usually presented in the university curriculum. This is due to the fact that these two types more objective and scientific.
The narrative and descriptive ones are more creative and, consequently, subjective. Now, let’s take a look at each of them.
What is Narrative Essay?
This type of essay requires creating some compelling story on any subject that the one can imagine. This is like a very compressed version of a novel. Your task is to reveal the creative abilities, using the strong adjectives that will help you to paint the picture of the story which you’re going to present.
Writing the compelling story is not the only task of the narrative essay, you have to deliver the point to the audience which is ‘written between the lines’.
That means that after reading your essay the one should get the clear message you try to convey. The message has to be written alongside the whole essay, so the reader will want to read to the end. Only that way they can understand the problem and theme fully.
This type is pretty similar to the narrative essay, as it requires the author to write a creative story with a compelling plot. Briefly speaking, the author chooses the issue, idea or noun and describes it to the reader. The same like with the narrative essay, the descriptive one should draw an image of the story in reader’s head. It is vital to choose the powerful words that will help you to connect the reader to the problem presented in the essay.
In this type, you can feel like a real salesman. Your task is to sell your opinion on some topic to the reader. The way of presenting your thoughts should be impeccable. The reader has to fully trust you, having no doubts that you’re right and express only the truth. Don’t show your selling tactics, otherwise, the reader won’t trust, hide your motives behind the lines. Defending an argument in the persuasive essay takes logical or emotional tactics. Sometimes the author uses both, depending on the information they try to argue.
The expository essay is the type of the essays where students cannot reveal their opinions on things. The main goal of the expository essay is to inform and educate the reader about a particular issue. A good-quality paper should be based on analysis that has factual information on the topic.
Writing the persuasive essay requires explaining some notion, issue, problem, phenomena, using facts and reliable information.
Interesting Academic Essay Topics
It is naturally that topics vary according to the type of the essay. Sometimes you can use the same topic in several types, but you should be really careful, as the object varies always.
According to this, here is the list of good academic topics for each type of the academic essay.
Narrative Essay Topics
- Write about the passion that helps you to be motivated and active. The thing your life would be empty without.
- Describe a thing that teaches the reader about the significance of integrity and honesty.
- Create the story that shows how valuable the hard work is.
Descriptive Essay Topics
- Write what you think about the notion of love.
- Come up with the story about a genius. What are their main characteristics?
- Talk about a successful person, and how did she/he win the lucky ticket?
Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should the USA government implement the gun control policy?
- Choose the side and provide an argument to your story on the subject of the death penalty.
- How can we avoid children poverty?
- What are the ways of better treating of the animals?
Expository Essay Topics
- How does the media influence the way people interact with each other and communicate?
- Why do people in 21 century still have some forms of racism?
- What are the strategies for preventing the Earth from the global warming?
Structure of the Academic Essay
The structure of the academic essay requires you to have the knowledge about MLA Style Essay and other formatting peculiarities. Usually, it consists of five paragraphs, namely, introduction, 2-3 body paragraphs, and conclusion. There are popular Tricks Used By the Students to make their process of writing easier when it comes to an academic essay.
We hope the information is useful to you, and you will improve your writing skills using these simple tips. You can also use custom writing to get the assistant on any type of the essay.
Students are very often assigned to complete an analysis essay in college or university. They might be asked to analyze a movie, a book, a research paper and provide persuasive arguments for any theme of their choice. If the professor still decided to give you such an interesting task, then this writing guide will help you do it successfully! At the first sight, this assignment may seem a little bit frightening, especially if you’ve never done it before. Don’t worry! We are going to convince you otherwise!
What is Actually an Analytical Essay?
When you hear the term “Analytical Essay” it may sound unfamiliar to you, but one writing experience can change everything. The term analysis is defined as a well-thought-out observation of a specific idea. In other words, you have to describe the most prominent peculiarities and real essence of the topic. While writing the Analytical Essay you should present a little section of the entire topic and use your critical thinking to come up with a perfect argument.
Consider the Following Tips before Writing Your Analysis Paper
- Give an accurate explanation of the meaning of the topic
- Analyze the theme in any way you want
- Compare your essay topic to something appropriate
- Estimate the topic by providing an argument
- Look for the evidence to support your opinion
- Compose a thesis statement
Let’s Get Deeply into Analysis Essay Structure
Take into consideration these 5 steps before start creating your masterpiece:
- Decide what to write about (brainstorm on a topic)
- Come up with the engaging title
- Create a solid Thesis
- Find Supporting Evidence
- Make an outline
1. Decide What to Write about. Brainstorm on a topic
Think of what you are going to write about. Keep in mind, good brainstorming is the best way to start off! Sometimes students are given some specific topics in advance. If you are assigned to the topic and type of analytical essay, you can begin to improvise.
If you choose the subject of your paper independently, select one that interest you most of all, this should be one that you completely understand. It would be strange to pick the topic that puts you to sleep. You should write about something that you are passionate about.
2. Come Up with an Engaging Title
The title is the first thing that reader sees and your main task here is to make it as compelling as possible. It helps your audience to determine does it worth to keep reading your paper.
3. Create a Solid Thesis
The thesis statement tells your reader what your story will be about. These are usually one or two sentences which sum up the claim you will make in your essay. When all needed information is gathered, you need to connect things together and think up with a certain decision (thesis). Your thesis should be contradictory and demand a lot of research to reach a respectable statement. Finally, it must be an impact statement, which powerfully influences your theme of choice.
4. Find Supporting Evidence
Depending on your task, you are able to work with primary sources as well as secondary sources. Make efforts to find a good evidence to make the argument more persuasive. List out all your supporting evidence and be ready to inform where you found it and how it supports your own assertion. If you are going to talk about the historical topic, find some facts taken from last findings. When it comes to literary analysis paper, you may use quotes from the book for your evidence.
5. Make an Outline
It is essential to arrange the structure of the essay properly and it usually makes the whole writing process easier. Make sure that you know how many pages your essay needs to have. An informal outline will help you find out how your argument should be developed.
You may not find a specific style for the intro, you just have to gather some background information that is relevant to your thesis. Try to make your introduction appealing, and eschew beginning the essay with exclamation and question.
How does it look?
- Hook statement
- Narrowed information
- Transition sentence thesis statement
Your main purpose here is to prove the thesis statement. Each paragraph should be focused on a certain aspect of the thesis. The body paragraph should include:
- Topic Sentence (One sentence that presents the main point of the body)
- Analysis (Here you analyze your evidence and explain how evidence sustains the thesis)
- Evidence (This way you show how you coped with research)
- Concluding Sentence (Restate to the audience your analysis and its importance)
It is the last paragraph of your essay where writer reminds the audience of how his/her argument is supported. Here you make the decisive impression on your readers summarizing all sub-points. The conclusion of your paper should include the final connection between two subjects and then a restatement of your thesis.
Do not know how to Start a College Essay?
Get professional assistance from a reliable research paper writing service. Apply for a help to www.affordable-papers.net any time you need. Our qualified writers finish your Critical Thinking essay and other academic papers on time. Excellent grades for the lowest price!
Most students become frightened when they hear about an extended essay, but generally there`s nothing difficult here. An extended essay is a thesis which consists of 4,000 words, and it`s similar in some aspects to a synthesis essay. You should write it under the supervision of one of your professors and this thesis is important for your IB Diploma.
You choose a topic which is a research question and if it`s approved by IBO, you can work on it. Usually, students follow two ways: creating a typical research paper or making experiments and trying to solve the problems.
How to get started?
First of all, you should make up your mind concerning the subject you would like to write on. Think of what you like most, make a list of your interests. It`s a good idea to brainstorm for a while and get the areas you have on your mind.
You can select a topic either one of your IB subjects or one which is of your own interests and hobbies. Your topic should be wide, you should have enough space for exploration. If the topic you have chosen doesn`t fit your views or likings, then it`s better to choose another one.
Once you have selected a topic, you should make up questions concerning it.
One more step is to choose an advisor. Here you can select among essay writer vs. essay tutor. It`s obvious that the person should be involved in the subject you have chosen. They should know a lot about the topic, so they can share some information with you and guide you in the right direction. It`s not obligatory to meet your advisor but if you want to get an essay help, then why not?
Start working on your essay as soon as possible, don`t leave it till the last minute. You should have it done before Year II. If you don`t find much time during a studying period, then do this during your summer holidays. You won`t regret doing this in advance.
Making an outline
Once you have made up your mind on the topic, it`s a good idea to create an outline around the research question. You should write a thesis statement in the introductory part of an essay. Usually, the main body is divided into three parts. You should sum up your arguments in the conclusion. An outline is just the plan of your essay. Keep it brief and clear, don`t miss the important points.
Annotated bibliography and title
You are to create a list of recourses you are going to use, it`s necessary to do this in the right way and not to forget citations through your assignment.
A cover page is an essential part of your extended essay, although it`s very easy to complete it. Remember that you should follow the format of IB title page, as this influences your score as well. The title page includes your essay topic name and your own name; mention your school name and IB number as well.
The essay structure should be clear
If you organize your essay in a poor way, you will get a worse grade. Your introduction should contain the research question and clearly show what you are going to focus on. The body is to make the bulk of your essay, divide it in the way your ideas flow.
For instance, if you analyze data or make an experiment, then your body will include obvious parts, like stating the research question, the discussion of a method, data presentation, data analysis etc.
The conclusion should show the results of your experiments, give answers to the research questions, state your main point of view once again and show why this topic is important to be discussed.
Effective tips to succeed
- Your research question should be “focused and sharp”. You are to be more than sure in what you are writing.
- State your thesis clearly, define why your research query is important.
- Use reliable recourses to support your arguments. Use those from the list of bibliography.
- You should deeply understand your subject and what you are writing. Take as much time as needed to learn all the nuances.
- Follow your outline, make sure your essay is coherent and logical. Use only appropriate information. Some extra data can influence your score in a bad way.
- Use active voice and less adverbs.
- Proofreading, proofreading and proofreading! Check all the mistakes, grammar, spelling, format, word usage. Make sure you have all part of your extended essay.
- Show your individuality with an essay, stay analytical and use your critical thinking.
These tips will definitely help you achieve the best results.
Choosing a higher educational establishment is always a challenge, you are to consider all the pros and cons. You are to take the application to MBA seriously, paying much attention to your admission essay, as the rules there have become stricter like in any other college or school. You should show your life in the bright light among other candidates and prove your ability to study in a certain institution. However, you can`t be sure that others have worse grades or stats than you. In such a case, one of the best things is to write a winning personal statement and present it along with persuasive recommendations.
We have prepared for you an interesting piece of information concerning the effective admission essay writing. These tips will help you persuade MBA admission officers to choose your candidacy.
It may seem that this is a kind of a complicated task, but it isn`t at all as it`s like a descriptive essay. Very often students just think too much on the given prompt questions, instead of giving simple answers. So, let`s look through the tips, we have gathered for you!
MBA question prompts
Most MBA schools offer the following questions, in different variations:
- What have you experienced?
- What do you intend to do and what is the reason?
- What place does our school take in your plans?
- Why have you decided to go to school now?
You should take into consideration, that none of the above-questions is meant to ask you to retell your resume. You are asked for your resume in another part of an application, the commission has no time to read long descriptions of your accomplishments.
The main point of your personal statement is to give complete answers to the four questions we have mentioned. That`s your primary task to be sure you fully describe yourself and give a certain image of your personality.
The structure of an admission essay
The structure of this kind of an essay remains the basic one, like for any other assignments.
First of all, you are to create an outline of your essay. You should organize the information you will use in your essay in a logical, coherent way not to forget something important as well as to catch your readers` attention. The first line sentence should be well-thought as it is aimed to capture your audience. Your first sentence should relate to the topic you have chosen to work on.
The next step is the introduction of a topic. You should give readers an idea what you are going to talk further. The transitions should be smooth and logical, there shouldn’t be any extra non-important information.
Main body is the part of an essay, where you are to introduce yourself, describe your skills and abilities, talents and goals. You should do this in the way of selling yourself to the university.
You should persuade the commission that you are good in problem-solving and always can find the ways out of difficult situations. State only your real achievements as it`s easy to check your skills and lie will destroy credibility to your person. Choose appropriate vivid words for the description.
Conclusion is the last hit, which you can use in your favor. Summarize all the achievements you have described and give the last reason why you should be accepted.
Advice to make your admission essay better
- Start beforehand. Despite the admission essays seem easy, you should start working on them in advance. Don`t think to create a knocking assignment in a day. Sometimes you need several drafts to organize everything in a coherent way. It`s better to start your essay long before the deadline, when there`s no pressure. You can take some notes, collect interesting and important information to use in your essay. Moreover, you can ask your friends and teachers what features of you they consider to be valuable. Once you have this data, you can start working on your essay.
- Show your qualities. You are to describe yourself in relation to important qualities, like leadership skills. You should show, but not tell. Your experience, life events should prove your words.
- Think on your goals. List the real aims you want to achieve and tell how MBA can help here. Make a little research on the industry you would like to work at, company etc. You should sound serious.
- Keep it short. You should follow the word limit. Sometimes it may be difficult but MBA commission want to see that you can be brief and concise. Don`t overdo with flowery words, which can drag the attention from the context itself. Omit some additional information, which has no value.
- Share your personal information. You shouldn`t be scared of this. Show your personality giving answers to the questions concerning your personal growth and development. Describe your personal experience and backgrounds. This will make you better in the eyes of a committee.
- Edit your essay. You should proofread your essay, still, a lot of applicants don`t do this. Revision is one of the main stages of essay creation. Your admission essay will look thoughtless if there occur typos mistakes. Moreover, it`s a good idea to ask someone look through your essay as well to check it for grammar mistakes. Look through the information to know how to cite in an essay not to make such mistakes too You should pay much attention to the revision to be sure you have made effort to enter the educations establishment of your dream.
We have provided you with necessary tips, which will make your work on an essay easier, so you won`t look for someone with the words “write my essay”.
While studying at school or university, you’ll definitely be assigned to complete one of the four main types of essay. Most students usually face certain difficulties when it comes to these academic papers. The main reason of this is that they have no imagination how to do it properly. It would be good for you to read this article in order to be more confident in your essay writing skills.
4 Main Types of Essay Writing Styles
Frankly speaking, an essay written in one specific style is some sort of creativity that has no strict instructional guidelines. Nevertheless, for our academic writing purposes we should focus on the following 4 types of essay:
1. Narrative Essay. Tells the Story
This type of essay gives you an incredible opportunity to use your creativity to the full extent. You are able to come up with your own plot, characters, setting, ideas, etc. Mostly a narrative is a story developed from one prominent event or even series of events. Your main aim here is to teach your reader something. The characters of your narrative essay are usually involved in the conflict and the story tells how this conflict is resolved.
Tips for Writing a Good Narrative Essay
- Create a story with a specific purpose
- Write a Narrative Essay in the first person (the third person is also allowed)
- Provide some popular quotes
- Use a figurative language
- Complete the paper in 3 paragraphs (sometimes it may be written in the size of a book)
- Make your paper alive by adding dialogue between characters
2. Descriptive Essay. Puts a Picture in Your Head
The imagination is only one powerful thing that really helps you write the descriptive essay. The main purpose of the writer is to accurately portray the picture, which arises in his/her head. With the help of 5 our senses of touch, smell, sight, taste, and sound, you will be able to choose words, details, and images that give your reader the most realistic visualization. Your story should be focused on creating a single dominant impression of a person, idea, feeling, place, and event. You may meet this type of paper in a college admission application when you are required to describe yourself. If you learn how to sell something just by using a vivid language, then you can easily cope with a descriptive essay.
Tips for Writing a Good Descriptive Essay
- Be as creative as possible
- Show your descriptive skills
- Tell the story in first, second or third person (you may choose yourself)
- Write it in three or five paragraphs
- Use your 5 senses to provide details
- Be able to define some idea or object in a creative way
3. Expository essay. Explains something
While writing an expository essay, you have to research the topic using examples, facts, and statistics. This type of academic papers can be accomplished in several ways: contrasting and comparing, analyzing and defining a term. Your main purpose here is to make information as accessible and understandable to the audience as possible. Expository writers often define unfamiliar or technical terms comparing them with something more familiar to the reader. The writer’s personal points of view and value judgments are usually not part of this type of paper.
Tips for writing a Good Expository Essay
- Present the facts
- Tell the story in the third person only
- Use five paragraph-structure
- Don’t forget to provide your thesis statement in the Intro (it’s one brief sentence that introduces the main idea of the story)
- Each paragraph should cover the point that relates to the thesis
4. Persuasive Essay. Makes the audience agree
Here your personal opinion and argument are very important. You have to present your viewpoint and try to convince the audience. Writers must be able to introduce themselves as an authentic and credible source of information considering the reader’s interest. Persuasion usually combines emotional and logical appeals designed to win over a specific audience.
Tips for writing a Good Persuasive Essay
- Introduce it in the debate format
- Tell it in the first or third person
- Write text in four or five paragraph structure
- Look for relevant sources to assert your argument
- Prepare solid evidence to support your viewpoints
- End with a strong conclusion
Need an Urgent Help With Your Essay Type?
If you need help or just seek someone to write essay for you, then work with www.affordable-papers.net! Our team of professional writers is ready to help students with all college papers. We are interested in your academic success! Wherever you will face with writing essay, essaytyper review or something else, you can contact with our service in any time.
Creative essay is the most interesting type of essay students can face in a high school or college. This type of essay belongs to narrative essays and gives the students an opportunity to express all their emotions, thoughts, and ideas on the paper. It stretches your imagination and is very different from the analytical or persuasive essays.
What do we know about Creative Essay
As it was mentioned above, this style doesn’t use technicalities. Here, your task is to create a story. Not just a random story, but the one with the fascinating plot and compelling path. The good thing is that there are no restrictions when it comes to choosing a topic. You can get really creative!
Ideas for Topics
Before you start working on your creative essay, you have to choose a good paper topic that you want to write about. Here is the list of the top latest creative essay topics from our best writers’ team to help you pick up the right one for you:
- Develop scenario of interesting end of the world.
- Reveal your thoughts about something that has a big influence on you.
- What would you do, when you woke up and realized that you’re in someone else’s body?
- How can we design our future for better?
- Write about your passion, something that drives your ambitions, the thing or a person you can’t imagine your life without.
- Tell about the topic that hurts you.
- Imagine you’ve got some special gift, invisibility, for example, what would you do?
- Create a story where your or someone else’s idea changed the world.
- How will we live in the world where people can read minds?
- Put some love story in the unusual conditions.
- Describe the future where technologies completely took control of human’s life.
I hope you can settle on some of these topics, or at least you’ve got inspired to create your special creative topic. Anyway, make sure your topic leads you to a brilliant story!
General Pre-Writing Procedure
Even though you might think that since it is the creative task you can just throw your ideas on the paper. Must assure you, it isn’t that way. It will be wise to organize what you have in mind before start writing the essay. Here are some amazing tips you should use before creating another ‘Alice in Wonderland’.
- Come up with the Topic. The theme of your essay doesn’t necessarily have to be the one you’re well aware of. It’s better to pick up the topic you’re interested in and want to know more about. This step is connected with the following one.
- Do the Research. When you’ve chosen the topic, and you already know a lot of about it, do the research. It is vital to investigate the subject from different points. Find more interesting facts, unknown stories, special quotes. The last one is important when writing APA essay format. Combine different sources and make a real masterpiece with the thorough research work.
- Five questions block. Who, What, How, When, Where. While creating the story, make sure you answered all these questions.
- Record some ideas. Very often when we get the assignment to write the essay, our mind is like a clear paper. Nothing comes to your head, you’re just sitting and your fingers can’t type a word. In order to avoid this situation, keep a journal. The ideas appear when you don’t expect them to. When you write them in the journal, there won’t be any problems with writing the creative essay. You just read your ideas and the story begins.
- Create a rough draft. When you have your ideas logically organized it will be easier to start writing.
- You’re ready to write the Essay. Once you’ve done the previous steps, you’re ready to put fingers to the keyboard. Read on about the structure to outline your essay properly.
Creative Essay Outline
This type of essay follows the standard 5 paragraph essay structure. Firstly the introduction part comes, then usually three paragraphs and conclusion follow.
Every paragraph plays a crucial role in the plot and cannot be omitted. There is famous Oxford method which includes Three-Point-Structure. Namely, The Set Up -> Confrontation -> Resolution.
- Set Up Part. This part is represented in the introduction, where you have to establish the characters and the relationships among them.
- Confrontation. This is usually laid down in the first and second body paragraphs. Its peculiarity is represented by a Turning Point. This is the moment when the conflict takes place. It’s better to use the technique of suddenness. When the reader doesn’t expect the situation to turn this way. I bet that kind of story will fascinate every reader.
- Resolution: This is written in the third paragraph and partially in the conclusion. After a sharp point, you have to prepare a reasonable and not less interesting resolution of the situation that has developed.
Finish Your Essay
Your goal is to leave the reader with the strong impression of your story. ‘Happy endings come after a story with lots of ups and downs’. Make sure those ups and downs are worth reading.
We hope that these tips will help you to write a remarkable creative essay. You can also use an option write my essay for me to get the perfect example of the essay.
What is a research paper? There exist many essay types, and a research paper belongs to one of them. In some general terms, a research paper can be described as an academic writing which is based on some research conducted by a writer with all the analysis and interpretations. All research findings should also be described while writing.
If you want to achieve success with this kind of paper, you will need something more than just the knowledge in particular sphere. There should be some logical steps followed in order to achieve complete academic excellence.
It is very important to do everything in a logical sequence while writing. A confident research paper writer should follow these steps:
- Choose a topic
You have to pick up a topic that interests you, first of all. If you are interested, you will be more inspired and motivated to keep on writing your paper. It will also determine how many efforts you will put to complete your work successfully. It is better to dwell on some kind of a limited aspect. In other words, do not try to choose something general. A concrete topic will be the most appropriate here. However, first of all, you should check your teacher`s specifications concerning your research paper topic. Try to avoid topics with little information and narrow aspects for clarifying. Choose a subject that you are able to manage.
- Find relevant information
To write a good research paper, you need to be well-informed first of all. Make your own research and try to understand everything by yourself. If you are not aware of the material provided, think how your readers will perceive your assignment. For getting some general and background information, it would be a great idea to surf the Net. Browse some almanacs and encyclopedias, including Britannica to get some sort of useful information. You should visit some local and university libraries and get something from there as well. It will only increase your chances to manage your paper successfully.
- Create a thesis statement
It goes without saying that each research paper needs a thesis statement. However, you should ask your teachers first about this issue since there can be some specifications. A thesis statement, a central point of your work, in other words, provides readers with the clear understanding of what will be discussed further. If you want a good thesis statement, you have to think critically and put this main idea in one sentence. All your next body paragraphs will support your thesis statement. You should be dead sure that your thesis is strong enough to make a good impression about you as a writer and the whole picture of your research paper.
- Create an outline
Your research paper should be structured in a proper way:
- Title Page
- Manuscript Body
- Tables, appendix (not necessarily)
The purpose of creating an outline is to organize your work in a logical sequence so that it looks and sounds good.
- Organize all your notes and start working on your paper
Summarize and try to understand all your notes carefully. Having done this, it is high time to start working on the first draft of your essay. Then, you have to revise it and complete the final paper.
- Revise your research paper
The final step is to check what you have written very carefully. Check the grammar, punctuation, spelling. You have to look through your notes as well to see whether you have used everything you wanted and it was required.
Checklist for Writing a Perfect Research Paper
- Is my thesis statement clear and precise?
- Didn’t I miss something according to my outline?
- Is the information presented in a logical way?
- Have I cited all the resources properly?
- Have I provided strong supporting arguments?
- Did I build my paragraphs properly?
- Are all my sentences finished?
- Do my paragraphs finish smoothly?
- Have I done some spelling or punctuation mistakes?
- Haven`t I used contractions?
- Did I use the third person only?
- Did I provide my readers with a sense of completion at the end of my essay?
Find a Good Solution to Deal with Your Academic Troubles
In order to enjoy the academic writing process, place an order at here. Our professional writers, who are skilled and experienced enough to tackle with any academic writing task, will provide you with effective support and a research paper to succeed. You can order any paper you need, 1000 Word Essay, literature review, history paper or whatever. If you have some difficulties, do not hesitate to contact us as soon as possible. Academic satisfaction guaranteed!
A Death Penalty Essay – Helpful Writing Tips
A proper essay structure it is the first thing you should pay attention to. You are required to follow the clear five-paragraph structure while writing the paper. It is necessary to provide a striking introduction that should include a thesis statement with the last “hook” sentence that transfers your reader to the body paragraphs where all given thesis should be justified and the conclusion where you summarize the main points. (more…)